Description

Distilled in 2013, this single vintage expression has undergone a decade of maturation. The ageing process involves a carefully chosen combination of casks: 80% of the whisky is matured in first-fill bourbon barrels, while the remaining 20% ages in second-fill Pauillac wine casks. This maturation strategy enhances the whisky's complexity and depth, offering a harmonious blend of the bourbon barrel's vanilla and oak notes with the rich, fruity nuances imparted by the Pauillac wine casks.

Tasting Note by Bruichladdich:
Nose: Aromas of warm citrus, tropical fruit, and sweet malty flour are immediate on the nose. As the whisky opens the sweetness of the fruit, oak and malted Bere barley combine to give an uplifting, sunny feel to the dram, enhanced with fragrant peach skin, fresh vanilla pods, candied orange and creamy fudge. Over time, delicate floral notes of rose and subtle sweet violet appear.
Palate: On the palate, the presence of the malted grain is unmistakable with notes of popcorn, brown sugar and warm porridge. The Bere barley provides a soft, rounded mouthfeel, beautifully complementing the sweet, stoned fruit notes. Apricot, peach, melon and candied orange are balanced with the gentle influence of the oak, which adds a hint of vanilla, coconut and marzipan.
Finish: Milk chocolate, malted grain and crème brulee add to the soft finish, while a hint of mango and orange blossom honey linger.

Specifications

  • Type: Single Malt Scotch Whisky
  • Region: Islay
  • Country: Scotland
  • Brand/Distillery: Bruichladdich
  • Cask Type: First Fill Ex-Bourbon Cask | Second Fill Pauillac Wine Cask
  • Age: 10 Year Old
  • Volume: 70cl
  • ABV: 50%
Icon for truckDelivery Information

Next Working Day Delivery

  • Orders over £100: Free delivery.
  • Orders under £100: £3.95 delivery fee.
  • Place orders by 1 PM (Mon-Fri) for next working day delivery.
  • Orders placed after 1 PM or on weekends are processed the next working day, affecting delivery times.

Saturday Delivery

  • Saturday delivery fee: £7.95.
  • Place orders by 1 PM on Friday for Saturday delivery.
  • Not available in: Channel Islands, Highlands & Islands of Scotland, Isle of Man, Isle of Scilly, Northern Ireland. Orders for these areas must be placed by 1 PM on Thursday.

Standard Delivery Time for Specific Areas

  • The standard delivery time is two working days for: Channel Islands, Highlands & Islands of Scotland, Isle of Man, Isle of Scilly, and Northern Ireland.
Icon for secureHassle Free 14-Day Returns

Not satisfied? Enjoy hassle-free, free 14-day returns and exchanges. Whether it's a late delivery, damaged parcel, broken product, or a change of mind, we've got you covered. We'll send you a free return label to make the process easy. Whether you want an exchange or a refund, we'll handle it smoothly.

Icon for delivery_box_2Sustainable Packaging

Eco-Friendly Packaging:

  • Experience top-tier protection during shipping, matching plastic's security levels.
  • Our packaging is eco-conscious: 100% recyclable, compostable, and biodegradable internal fittings made from recycled materials. The outer carton is 70% recycled card and entirely recyclable.

Packed With Care:

  • We prioritise your satisfaction, meticulously packing each order for optimal condition upon arrival.
  • Our eco-friendly approach doesn't compromise on protection, ensuring your items are safe during transit.
  • Every order is thoughtfully packed by our team to guarantee it reaches you in pristine condition, reflecting our dedication to both product integrity and the environment.

Recently Viewed

© 2024 JPHA, All Rights Reserved. 9 Corbets Tey Road, Upminster, Essex, England, RM14 2AP, UK.

    • American Express
    • Apple Pay
    • Diners Club
    • Discover
    • Google Pay
    • Maestro
    • Mastercard
    • PayPal
    • Shop Pay
    • Union Pay
    • Visa

    Login

    Forgot your password?

    Don't have an account yet?
    Create account